Sometimes the key to success and serenity is very simple. Here is a simple meditation that you can practice any where, any time.
Ideally you are in a quiet place sitting in a comfortable position. However, you could be driving in busy traffic or waiting in line somewhere.
- Take an easy deep breath.
- Give thanks for the breath.
- Let out your breath slowly and naturally.
- Repeat many times.
Without forcing either your breath or your thoughts, think of people, things, and events to be thankful of after each breath in. For example:
- Thank friends and family for being in your life.
- Thank the world for sunsets, flowers, music, and other things that inspire and challenge you.
- Give thanks for your own personal gifts, such as your interests, your talents, and your contributions to the world you live in.
- Give thanks for any opportunities and challenges that you face in your daily life.
Finally, end by thanking your breath again, repeating as many times as seems comfortable.